Essential oils present in spices, herbs, seeds, leaves, roots are extracted in a 3 stage process.
- Cleaning and Flaking: Spices and herbs are cleaned and then flaked in a flaker before charging in the distillation kettles.
- Steam Distillation: Steam is released in the kettle, which flows along with the essential oil through the condenser to cool down. Oil is separated into 3 fractions. Our production team critically monitors the temperature to extract the maximum amount of yield.
- Post-production- drying of de-oiled material: The flaked material after distillation is dried and transferred to solvent extractors for the next stage of production.
Solvent extraction is a process where compounds are extracted based on their relative solubilities. It involves solvents like ethyl acetate, ethanol or a mixture based on the material used.
- Solvents are percolated with the material until the active ingredients are extracted.
- Post extraction, the material goes through an evaporation process where excess solvent is removed and finally blended as per the customer’s quality specifications.